Friday, October 4, 2013

Fun Fajitas

We had this yesterday.  I don't have any photos because the camera was AWOL. Sorry! I love to cook, but most of the time I'm clueless. Anyways, I had a lot of fun making these because fajitas are always a favorite in my family!

I enjoyed making them because I learned new cooking skills. I learned how to properly slice onions and peppers into strips and shred chicken. I loved it and I am most definitely looking forward to the rest of this month!

Skill level: Beginner


Here's the Recipe!

Ingredients:

  • 3 large chicken breasts, cubed or shredded 
  • 1-2 large bell peppers 
  • 1 medium onion   
  • 1 Fajita seasoning packet 
  • 1 jar of mild salsa
  • 2-3 packages of tortillas
  • any toppings you want! (tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, beans, corn, sour cream, rice, guacamole, etc.,)

Directions:
Lightly grease a large skillet with oil and set over medium heat. Place the chicken in the skillet, cooking until lightly browned. Turn off heat. Cut the peppers and onion into strips. Remove the chicken from the skillet and shred/dice into small pieces.

Return chicken to pan. Add the peppers and onion to the skillet and set to low heat. Add jar of salsa and seasoning packet, and heat until peppers and onion are fully cooked. Remove from heat.

Prepare toppings and warm tortillas. Have fun building your fajitas!

No comments:

Post a Comment